X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What your Christmas theme this year

I like to change themes this year we are doing minions
    What's your theme?

My theme will be eclectic, which is true pretty much every year.
    Mark
    Check out my Christmas reviews.

Comment

We're just adding to our North Pole theme.

Comment

I don't really have a theme, I collect snowmen, but I have a 2nd tree for the ornaments, figurines get mixed in with the rest of the decorations. .My big tree is what I would call fancy glass and glass vintage style, think 40's and 50's shiny bright style, some are old,some reproductions
        my pinterest page: pinterest.com/betheneg

Comment

Same theme I've had for 7 years - brown/white with some silver and gold.

I don't have enough ornaments to do any more than 1 theme.
          Nutcracker fetishist.
          Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

No idea why but I'm kinda obsessed with deer antler christmas stuff this year. If we can afford it, I want to do a lot this year. (probably will have to wait for next year though, lol)

Comment

Started decorating today, takes time, redoing many things, stripped down lighted garland got rid of some and adding all new. Feels good to get started.

Comment

I do not have an overall theme. I set up many "sets" each with its own theme.

Comment

I have a few things I'm attempting this year. I'm in the process of building an entire "Santa's Village" for my front yard with an elves workshop, Santa's house, train station, huge Christmas tree, etc. I'm also working on a large train that will go from my yard, to the top of my neighbor's roof and then off the other side of his house and end up in my other neighbor's yard 2 doors down where we'll have a small town where Santa can deliver the toys from the train. Right now I can't figure out if I should use TVs for the village windows or projectors...

Not sure what the "theme" would be other than "Santa's Village"

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonmmiller1975 View Post
                    I have a few things I'm attempting this year. I'm in the process of building an entire "Santa's Village" for my front yard with an elves workshop, Santa's house, train station, huge Christmas tree, etc. I'm also working on a large train that will go from my yard, to the top of my neighbor's roof and then off the other side of his house and end up in my other neighbor's yard 2 doors down where we'll have a small town where Santa can deliver the toys from the train. Right now I can't figure out if I should use TVs for the village windows or projectors...

Not sure what the "theme" would be other than "Santa's Village"
                    Wow!!!!! That sounds like a lot of work. But, it sounds like it will be very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by joyfulheart View Post
                      No idea why but I'm kinda obsessed with deer antler christmas stuff this year. If we can afford it, I want to do a lot this year. (probably will have to wait for next year though, lol)
                      I am not sure why but I have been given a few "natural" woodland animals for Christmas the last few years. I started collecting more woodland and rustic decorations for a rustic tree I am planning to put up in a couple of years. I have also been collecting some little animals and birds wearing red plaid, burlap ornaments, and deer heads with antlers. Walmart has some nice ones this year and I plan to pick up a few.

I have always been obsessed with red berries and cardinals (no idea why) so I started buying cardinals a couple years ago. I may do some 'flocking" on one of my smaller Christmas trees and do a red cardinal tree with red berries and sparkly pine cones rolled in Epsom salts.

Because we got a new puppy (Newfoundland/Labrador) last year I put up a tree with inexpensive shatterproof ornaments (see attached picture, he was 6 month old in picture) and I am still undecided what I am going to do this year because he is still a bit of a goof and I don't know if I want to trust him around my nicer ornaments.

I am also hesitating about putting up my village for the same reason. With my son working at camp and me working I am nervous to leave him in the house with my trees or leave the dogs outside with my Christmas village on the closed in deck. Besides it is way to cold to leave them outside all day while I am at work. Our dog Emily is great and she doesn't touch any of my decorations but Harley is a whole other puppy. We had him fixed a couple months ago and he has gotten a little better but I don't know if he or I am ready to put so much trust in him at this time. I really want to put up my village this year because I have been working on some new things for the village and I have bought a couple small things but I can too easily imagine my 16 ft wide Christmas village laying in a shattered pile on the floor of the deck and my heart stops. It is honestly stressing me out to think about it. I need to decide soon because if I am going to put the village up I will need to start deciding how I want to set it up so I can make changes to the base and make some new Styrofoam landscape pieces.

Marie
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by mariem; 11-09-2017, 01:24 AM.
                      https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

I have several groups of themes, I keep nativities/angels together, then fun stuff like sleighs, deer. Santa etc. together, then church, candles, nativity again together as much as I can, and more fun stuff. my display is huge and spread out and all 4 sides of our home.

Comment

Be sure to post some pictures when you get everything out.

Originally posted by Aputernut View Post
                          I have several groups of themes, I keep nativities/angels together, then fun stuff like sleighs, deer. Santa etc. together, then church, candles, nativity again together as much as I can, and more fun stuff. my display is huge and spread out and all 4 sides of our home.

Comment

Originally posted by Aputernut View Post
                            Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Marie
                            https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

You will see more then pics. I will post my Utube video soon as I get it completed, same as I did of last Xmas.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2168 users online. 10 members and 2158 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                              X