Where do you hang your stockings?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you hang your stockings?

I know it is done and over with but I wanted to ask this because people think I am weird for where I hang mine.

We have a fireplace, pretty large one but I never hung the stockings there. I felt it looked sloppy. Instead, I hang them coming down the railing of my staircase.

I like the staircase idea. Our previous house had a full basement however, no handrail and no fire place so we hung them from a tall coffee table which didn't have a great effect. We now live in a house with a wood burning fire place and that is there permanent home!

Comment

on the mantel in front of my snowmen collection

Comment

I don't have stairs or a fireplace, so I have this rack. There's enough hooks for stockings for me, hubby, kid, dog & the cats all share one.

To explain the chaos that is this picture (and lack of stockings!)......we celebrated Christmas early because Hubby & I were spending the holidays with his mom in Arkansas and the kid couldn't get off work to go with us (she's 19 and stayed with my sister). This is what we found when we got home on New Year's Eve.....a combination of a tree that was probably 20 years old, a cracked leg on the base and an 11 pound cat ....obviously didn't end well!

On the plus side, it's the first time I'd EVER had a tree knocked over and I've had cats for the past 16 Christmases!

Click image for larger version

Name:	15538158_431919797198638_9045227273136898048_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	185832
        Glitter is like the herpes of all holidays - once you have it, you can't get rid of it!!!

Lisa

Comment

I actually have no idea where we are going to hang ours this yr. Our old house had a fireplace so we hung them on the mantle. But our new house doesn't have one. any ideas???

Comment

Time to get creative!

Comment

Originally posted by tcooper View Post
              Time to get creative!
              Wow thanks for the pictures. I love the believe one

Comment

I have a mantle so they go there but my friend uses the railing on her staircase.
                Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2163 users online. 10 members and 2153 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                X