DIY Christmas Decorations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Christmas Decorations

Do you ever made your own Christmas decorations? I personally never have, but I've seen some pretty cool things on Pinterest that I would love to try. If you have made your own, share some pictures. I would love to see some of the things everyone has created.

I have done several homemade things over the years. I remade some birdhouses into gingerbread houses, made wreaths and of course stockings.

https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

Comment

Wow! Those all look so amazing! You have done a great job with all of those

Comment

Marie, you are quite talented.

Comment

Are you talking inside decor or outside decorations?

Comment

Most of the decorations I have made are for outdoors. I will try to post some pictures if I can find them.

Comment

I do actually yes. I love crafts!! I did some nail polish globes this year. You use old or cheap nail polish with clear glass ornament balls.
                You just pour it in and coat the ball and put the excess back in the bottle. They came out beautifully!

Comment

Thank you Dani and Andy.

Marie

Comment

Those look great!! I haven't done anything myself in a long time. I can barely handle wrapping a neat box let alone making my own decorations. I love the idea of it though.

And Mariem - You should make and sell those, they look very beautiful!

Comment

Thank you Ryan.

Comment

Marie, I remember when you made those. They are so beautiful. I know they would sell well if you decided to try it.
                        I finally found the photos of my homemade decorations and props. These are ornaments I made for an ornament exchange on the forum.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN3956.JPG Views:	1 Size:	4.2 KB ID:	184744
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3957.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	184748
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN3962.JPG Views:	1 Size:	4.2 KB ID:	184746

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0196.JPG Views:	1 Size:	15.0 KB ID:	184743Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0188.JPG Views:	1 Size:	9.7 KB ID:	184741Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0189.JPG Views:	1 Size:	10.4 KB ID:	184742
                        Save
                        Save
                        Last edited by Just Whisper; 01-04-2017, 11:48 AM.

Comment

These are outdoor props I made. Some are for the prop challenge we have on the forum. Most are animated.

This is a candy garden. The lollipops turn on the backboard and the wheels on the wagon go around.
                          Save

Name:	IMG_1287.JPG
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	184750

This is a crappy version of Santas elves. The elves came out cute but I never got to finish the work table. The elves are animated and are building toys.

Name:	IMGP1577.JPG
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	184751

Snowman tossing a snowball back and forth in his hands.

Name:	IMGP1630.JPG
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	184752

Mr and Mrs Clause made from PVC on an animated swing.

Name:	IMGP3562.JPG
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	184753

Gingerbread people and candy made from styrofoam

Name:	mmm.JPG
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	184754

Comment

This is a penguin swing I made for the gift exchange on CFC

Name:	penguin swing.jpg
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	184756

This a skating pong with an animated sled which circles around on the ice. I also made the bridge in the background.

Name:	pond.jpg
Size:	499.5 KB
ID:	184757

A cocoa stand I made for the prop challenge

Name:	cocoa stand.jpg
Size:	476.5 KB
ID:	184758

This is a video of Xenux the naughty horse. He is trying to help put up the lights but just keeps making a mess.

Comment

Good job JW. You are very creative. That sure is a lot of work to make those cutouts.

I like your ornaments too. I love nutcrackers and fat snowmen.

Marie

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1284 users online. 7 members and 1277 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                              X