Inflatables

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inflatables

Do you think that inflatables are cute or tacky? I personally think that they can be both. It's pretty much all depending on how you use them.

I have never been a fan of them myself. They use up a lot of electricity. I prefer those moving ones that are lighted.
    I have a few reindeer I usually put out in my front yard. One moves its head up and down every 30 seconds like it is grazing and the other puts its front leg up. The baby ones don't move.

Comment

I like the inflatables. I used to put out a bunch of inflatables. I quit doing it because of our high winds we usually get in December. I could not keep them staked down. Now they are just sitting in the closet.

Comment

Originally posted by Britanica View Post
        I have never been a fan of them myself. They use up a lot of electricity. I prefer those moving ones that are lighted.
        I have a few reindeer I usually put out in my front yard. One moves its head up and down every 30 seconds like it is grazing and the other puts its front leg up. The baby ones don't move.
        I do agree that they use up a lot of electricity. One reason why I won't use them. I mean the electric bill that some people must have is crazy to think about!

Comment

Originally posted by andy anderson View Post
          I like the inflatables. I used to put out a bunch of inflatables. I quit doing it because of our high winds we usually get in December. I could not keep them staked down. Now they are just sitting in the closet.
          I noticed that is an issue in some places. Seems like even when they get tacked down, the wind somehow does damage to them. The people across the street have a few of them actually...
          And thanks to a horrible storm we had last year, they lost the three other ones they once had. Frosty landed at my front door covered in holes.

Comment

Originally posted by DaniDavidson View Post

I do agree that they use up a lot of electricity. One reason why I won't use them. I mean the electric bill that some people must have is crazy to think about!
            Yeah the air pumps cost quite a lot, specially when it is cold out they only have to work harder. I don't know the exact numbers but someone told me running one of those is like having 3000 lit bulbs.

Comment

Inflatables stink. They tear easily. They can wobble too much when it's windy. They make your electric bill go high. Blow molds are way better. All they need is a light bulb and weights to hold them down. They don't run up your bill. They can last much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by frosty04 View Post
                Inflatables stink. They tear easily. They can wobble too much when it's windy. They make your electric bill go high. Blow molds are way better. All they need is a light bulb and weights to hold them down. They don't run up your bill. They can last much longer.
                A friend of mine tried selling me on blow molds. I will have to check those out. Are they similar to those old fashioned plastic light-ups?

Comment

Airblowns, as they used to be called, can be a great addition to anyone's decor if done correctly. I've seen some homes where that is all they have, and sometimes it's just too much, as in overkill. I use ones that are more Christmas themed than some others I've seen lately. I mean, Darth Vader with a light saber and a wreath? There are others that have come out the last couple of years that I just don't see them as being Christmas. I mean what, give them a candy cane and call it a Christmas decoration airblown? Not really!

Santa's, snowmen and families, Christmas carousels, nativity scenes, reindeer with sleds, these are the kinds of things, I'm talking about. Okay, I did see a Jack Skeleton, peaking from behind a tree this year in someone's yard. That one fits, even though "Nightmare Before Christmas" (this one's for you Saki Girl) is really a Halloween movie, it still works!

So yes I'm a big fan of Airblowns or Inflatables, whatever you want to call them, as long as they really fit the season. I'm also a fan of Blow-molds as well! They too have their place among Christmas decorations.
                  "Remember, if Christmas isnít found in your heart, you wonít find it under a tree.Ē ~ Charlotte Carpenter.

Comment

A friend of mine tried selling me on blow molds. I will have to check those out. Are they similar to those old fashioned plastic light-ups?

Yes they are.
                    Last edited by frosty04; 12-30-2016, 08:26 PM.

Comment

They look ugly most of the time. I don't mind them being neck to LARGE buildings but when you have them in front yards, I don't know.. It just looks bad.

I have seen some smaller ones that look nice but as mentioned, any bit of hard weather and they are pointless.

Comment

We had one set up in our yard. It was like a "realistic" snowman. This thing not only took forever to get working right but with in 10 days, it was ripped. I will happy pass on these things for the rest of my life! Was a waste of $35!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1471 users online. 8 members and 1463 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                        X