Fence decorations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fence decorations?

Hi guys, I am curious how people decorate the fence. Any creative ideas? How do you wire the whole thing?

I took my Halloween fence and placed it along my driveway using 2' rebar poles, then draped a rope of white lights, garland, and red ribbons on it. On the ground following the fenceline is a string of C7 colored lights using ground stakes I got many years ago (and haven't found any since). It looks nice, you just have to not pay attention to the rusty highlights and crooked poles.
    "Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!"

Comment

what type of fence is it (chain link, privacy, split rail)?

Comment

The wood and PVC fence I made for Halloween. I'll get some pictures posted of it, pre-nativity.
        Last edited by Warrant2000; 12-05-2008, 01:53 PM.
        "Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!"

Comment

what type of fence is it (chain link, privacy, split rail)?
          Sorry Warrant...that was directed at contour. I understood you were talking about your Halloween fence. Thanks.

Comment

That sounds cool tho take pics when you have your yard all set up I started a thread "Our Yards" so you can post your pics there.

Comment

It is a wood fence around the backyard. I was thinking of putting some kind of lights on it this year for the first time.

Comment

If it's not terribly long I think garland with white lights look beautiful on wooden fences, hung in swag fashion. If you're on a budget almost any type of lights hung along the top (swag usually looks best) look good. Icicles look cute, or ornamental like little snowmen. If you have to deal with a gate that could cause a problem. We have always just run an extension cord to the nearest outlet (usually through a bedroom window) or to the outlet on the back porch. I also think wreaths look great on wooden fences to help break up the monotony. Not very creative, I know, but all tried and true.

Comment

If you have a light controller, a double-swag would be fun. Twinkling lights work well, too. You could go old-school and use ceramic C9 bulbs.

Comment

Comment

Skully Claus Picture post card perfect very well done . Love it

Comment

Nice shot Skully Claus!
                        There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

Absolutely beautiful!
                          People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

That is a very nice pic Skully Claus... :-)

Comment

If it's not terribly long I think garland with white lights look beautiful on wooden fences, hung in swag fashion.
                              Originally posted by SkullyClause View Post
                              Exactly what I had in mind. thanks skully

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2217 users online. 7 members and 2210 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X