2016 Tutorial Posting Contest - Are you a Christmas Master? Check out the Prizes!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Tutorial Posting Contest - Are you a Christmas Master? Check out the Prizes!!

Make your Christmas projections a reality this year… well, virtually a reality!!
    I’m excited to announce our first of several contest for 2016!
    The concept is simple but there are some requirements and qualifiers so PAY ATTENTION… just for a sec, I promise

Name of The Game: Christmas Masters Tutorial Post

First off; THE PRIZES!!

3rd Place Winner: $20 Amazon Gift Card
    2nd Place Winner: $50 Amazon Gift Card

1st Place Winner: 2,600 Lumens iRULU LED Video Projector
    This beauty has all the connections including wireless HDMI to project Santa your window in all his glory! You can even watch your Christmas Movies in full 3d when Santa needs a break
    Click image for larger version

Name:	61vfSHgx6nL._SL1000_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	154471Click image for larger version

Name:	618MD7pKjjL._SL1000_.jpg
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	154472

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Mult...s=p_89%3AiRulu

If this isn't cool enough, I'll be posting a slew of projection videos for all members to enjoy for completely free! I'm literally setting up the green screen now and already locked in actors... more to come on this (and I'll start a seprate thread)

Considering the contest closes 12/9, you’ll have time to add and enjoy in your display this year!

Objective: The member that has posts the greatest amount of qualifying tutorials (see below for def) from today to the end of the contest wins.

When does the madness end?: All tutorials must qualify (see below) by 11:59 PM EST on Friday, December 9th.

- Can be on ANY topic but MUST be instructional in nature and tie into Christmas somehow.
    o Examples include:
    ♣ Cooking/Baking
    ♣ Prop Building
    ♣ Decorating Tips
    ♣ Utility Advice (ie. Storing or caring for your decorations)
    ♣ Projection Setups
    ♣ Audio
    ♣ Walkthroughs of help software
    ♣ Navigating family turmoil on the holidays you get the picture…

- Where to post?
    o All entries must be posted in the “Tutorials and Step-By-Step” section, you can find it here: http://christmasfanclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

- Who can participate?
    o Anyone can participate, and I mean ANYONE. I purposely did not include any moderators or super users of the forum in planning this contest because I want everyone to participate and have a chance to win. I alone am the ONLY person not eligible to participate . They are hearing this for the first time as well.
    ♣ The only caveat is that folks living outside of the United States including Hawaii and Alaska will need to arrange and pay for shipping. If you’re on the mainland in the US, shipping is on me!!

- You must post a minimum of 5 qualifying tutorials to be eligible to win.

Qualifying Criteria of Tutorials (IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ):

- Must be Original
    o Content can be a variation on tutorials elsewhere but MUST be brand new, reimagined, rewritten, or converted to a different medium.
    o I have a Copyscape subscription and will be verifying content does not already exist somewhere verbatim (so don’t be sneaky). It IS ok to quote, cite, reference, and link to ancillary resources and places to buy needed materials.

- Content Criteria Qualification
    o I wanted to keep this simple but it slowly became more complicated. I tried to simplify but reach out with questions.
    o Essentially your post must meet at least one of the three media mix outlines below:
    ♣ A.
    • (1x) ORIGINAL video
    o Hosted on your Vimeo or YouTube account
    o Must be at least 3 min long and relevant your tutorial
    o You may use videos from other people in your post for instructional purposes but it will not count towards this qualifier.
    • 300-word count included in post (not including your signature)
    • (1x) Good quality image
    o Must be 400x400 pixels in size
    o Must be of the final product or at minimum be representative of your tutorial (ie. A wrapped present if you did a tutorial o wrapping presents)
    ♣ B.
    • (10x) ORIGINAL Instructional Photos
    • 800-word count included in post (not including your signature)

♣ C.
    • (1x) Good quality image
    o Must be 400x400 pixels in size
    o Must be of the final product or at minimum be representative of your tutorial (ie. A wrapped present if you did a tutorial o wrapping presents)
    • 2,000-word count included in post (not including your signature)

- Social Proof Qualification
    o Your post MUST be liked a minimum of 5x on Facebook prior to the close of the contest. (hint: you can find the like count on the page here on CFC)
    ♣ You MAY post to the CFC FB page & group
    • Caveat- Admins of the Facebook Page are not allowed to post their own tutorials as CFC but may post to the group and page with their personal profile.

Let's have some fun!!

oh... ties will go into 48 hour sudden death rounds

-jimmy
    Last edited by Jimmy; 11-15-2016, 05:04 PM.

Great contest concept, jimmy.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0419.JPG
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	151637
      Project the best!! Keep em comin.

Comment

oh this sounds like fun I will jump in and play and make some

Comment

Originally posted by SakiGirl View Post
          oh this sounds like fun I will jump in and play and make some
          Great!! We have a few participants but none have reached the 5 minimum to qualify for prizes.

If nobody reaches 5 by the end of this week I might move the the end date back a week.

at this point... whomever participates has an INCREDIBLE chance to win... just get 5 qualifying tutorials submitted

-jimmy

Comment

I got my 5 posted whoot

Comment

Alright!! The game is on!

SakiGirl these tutorials look great BTW, thanks for sharing.

Ironically, I just finished a gingerbread man projection effect too!! I'll be posting it and a bunch others for CFC members to download or stream for their display

...not to mention, you could end up running em with an awesome new projector this year as You're currently in the lead to win one!!

-Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                Alright!! The game is on!

SakiGirl these tutorials look great BTW, thanks for sharing.

Ironically, I just finished a gingerbread man projection effect too!! I'll be posting it and a bunch others for CFC members to download or stream for their display

...not to mention, you could end up running em with an awesome new projector this year as You're currently in the lead to win one!!

-Jimmy
                oh can not wait to see the gingerbread man one

Comment

Originally posted by SakiGirl View Post

oh can not wait to see the gingerbread man one
                  ginger run house background2 (https://vimeo.com/192376442) from Christmas FanClub (https://vimeo.com/xmasfanclub) on Vimeo (https://vimeo.com).

Comment

Jimmy, did anyone win this contest?

Comment

• SakiGirl
                      SakiGirl commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I did so excited

Congratulations Saki, how cool. You did a great job on your tutorials. I know you will enjoy your new projector.

Comment

Congratulations SakiGirl. You had some great tutorials.

Comment

Thanks guys I want to up my game at making tutorials

Comment

Indeed. I had an announcement post all queued up and never sent... my bad. Congratulations Saki!!

Im thinking we keep this ball a rollin! I'm committed to giving away another projector but have to lock in some details for continuing the contest.

unfortuantly I won't be able to get to this until after the holidays but I know that the same basic rules/criteria will apply AND all the tutorials submitted since Nov 15 will count toward winning!

This is gives a few folks a bit of an advantage... but you'll have plenty of time to catch up if you're competitive like me so get your tutorials queued up or continue posting and I'll post the deadline in a few weeks.

-Jimmy

Comment

Thank you again I got projector today so excited

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1255 users online. 7 members and 1248 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                            X