2011 Challenge-EnlightenedGrinch's Entry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Challenge-EnlightenedGrinch's Entry

Yay! I finally got started on my prop. The character is going to be a cat named "Tinsel-tail, the Christmas Cat". I was originally going to make the prop as a wooden stand-up, but that idea didn't thrill me very much. So, instead I'm attempting to make an actual cat. It will be a wood and PVC frame and using some leftover fur from my wolf project for the outer covering. I also plan on animating it, using a motor to move both the tail and the head. I'm still working on the back story for the kitty.

Here's the start of it showing the main body board with the back legs attached:

Looking great so far! You get the imaginary award for being first in the prop contest!
    People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

Looking good Grinch!!!
      Now if I could just get one more... right there... what the...

Comment

I like it so far. Me-ow!

Comment

Thanks, everyone!
          I made some more progress on it today.

Comment

awesome idea, can't wait to see it!
            my pinterest page: pinterest.com/betheneg

Comment

I'm interested to hear the story you come up with.
              Santa Claus Allen
              Bringing the Season to Life
              Santa Claus - Dallas, Fort Worth's Best Santa Claus for hire
              Professional Santa Claus for Print, TV, and more throughout the US
              Fort Worth Santa Claus

Comment

Originally posted by SantaAllen View Post
                I'm interested to hear the story you come up with.
                Thanks! It will be a roller coaster of a story--you'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll heave.........

Here's a couple of updated pics showing progress with the tail mechanism and the motor. Also some front legs added. (Excuse the messy workbench.)

Comment

Oh I can tell this is already going to be fun and amazing!! (HEAVE! sorry, that must have been a fur ball...) LOL JK!!!

Looking great so far EG!!!

Oh, and that filthy paint drop covered work bench looks nice too!
                  World's Best Manager

Comment

Thanks, Edwin! Maybe I can incorporate that heave into my story somehow.

Yea, I re-painted the top of my workbench last year. You should have seen it before that! LOL

Comment

Looking GREAT!
                      I SWEAR I plugged those things in before I put them up. They were working......THEN.

Comment

Thanks, Craig!

Comment

I made some more progress on Tinsel-Tail.
                          I've got the motor mounted and set up with an FCG type crank to move the head and the tail.
                          Just like every other prop I build, some steps on this one are taking WAY too long. I think I've got the movement working the way I want and I just need to finish the neck part before I can finally start putting on the fur.

Here's a few pics and video:
                          (Click on the last picture for video)

Comment

Very ingenious on using 2 strings on each end! I couldn't tell in the video - I thought maybe you used springs to bring them back.

Looking GREAT EG!
                            World's Best Manager

Comment

Always one great idea after another! Looking GREAT!
                              I SWEAR I plugged those things in before I put them up. They were working......THEN.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 719 users online. 0 members and 719 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X