Hi Everyone!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everyone!

Christmas is my favorite holiday season! Matching PJs, Christmas crafts, Christmas themed meals, advent, driving around in Christmas PJs to see holiday lights, decorating the house, enjoying the Christmas tree....ahhhh, it's the most wonderful time of the year!!!

As if that weren't enough, I just became addicted to collecting Christmas village pieces. I gave myself a budget of buying one building a month. I started in January (2016) and I already have close to 30 buildings and countless figurines. Oh no! Lol My next step is figuring out how to build displays for them.

Anyway, I'm counting the days 'til we can put our tree up again. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to hanging out here.

Welcome fellow Christmas junkie!!
    Nutcracker fetishist.
    Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Sounds like you'll fit right in. Welcome aboard.
      Mark
      Check out my Christmas reviews.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your village and crafts.

Comment

Thank you all so much for welcoming me to the forum!

Comment

What happened to that one bldg per month budget? LOL. I love village displays. Hope to see yours when you get it set up this year. I wish I had room to display mine. I keep buying more with no place to put them. Welcome to ChristmasFanClub. Enjoy.

Comment

I take it math isn't your strong suit? Thirty houses since January?

I can't wait to see pics of your village.
              https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

Originally posted by Just Whisper View Post
                What happened to that one bldg per month budget? LOL. I love village displays. Hope to see yours when you get it set up this year. I wish I had room to display mine. I keep buying more with no place to put them. Welcome to ChristmasFanClub. Enjoy.
                Lol. That budget went out the window, when I bought three houses in my first purchase. It got worse after the houses arrived and I REALLY saw how beautiful the pieces were! I bet you have a nice collection. Thank you for the warm welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by mariem View Post
                  I take it math isn't your strong suit? Thirty houses since January?

I can't wait to see pics of your village.
                  Haha, my math is strong. It's my self control that needs work. LOL

I saw your 2015 village. It's beautiful! I pinned a lot of your village pictures. Looking forward to seeing your 2016 display.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Love your name.

I laughed at your comment about lack of self control. Boy can I relate.
                    I thought I would have a small village and boy it's grown rapidly. The problem is that with the never ending renovations I have not been able to set my village up. Someday I will be able to. I'm really looking forward to that day. But like JW said .. I keep buying more and more. It's an addiction. LOL.

I can't wait to see photos of your village when you set it up and the rest of your decorations and/or projects.
                    You'll find lots of good ideas on the forum. And nice people.

Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

Originally posted by Viktorija View Post
                      Welcome to the forum. Love your name.

I laughed at your comment about lack of self control. Boy can I relate.
                      I thought I would have a small village and boy it's grown rapidly. The problem is that with the never ending renovations I have not been able to set my village up. Someday I will be able to. I'm really looking forward to that day. But like JW said .. I keep buying more and more. It's an addiction. LOL.

I can't wait to see photos of your village when you set it up and the rest of your decorations and/or projects.
                      You'll find lots of good ideas on the forum. And nice people.

Aww, thank you for the warm welcome and the compliment on my name!

It IS an addiction! Christmas needs to get here before my village gets bigger than downtown NYC. Lol

I hope you're able to setup your village this Christmas. I bet you have some beautiful pieces.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing inspirations.
                      Last edited by MerryMunchkins; 07-11-2016, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Hi and Welcome to CFC!

It is amazing how one can get addicted to collecting decorations for Christmas. I have been collecting the Hallmark Star Trek spaceships since they came out, but only once a year. Hope you find the space to store and to put out during the holidays.

Glad you joined, I think you'll like it here!

Comment

Originally posted by Falasben View Post
                          Hi and Welcome to CFC!

It is amazing how one can get addicted to collecting decorations for Christmas. I have been collecting the Hallmark Star Trek spaceships since they came out, but only once a year. Hope you find the space to store and to put out during the holidays.

Glad you joined, I think you'll like it here!
                          Yeah, I'm going to find some self control from somewhere, because I don't want my display to get out of control.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Comment

MerryMunchkins,

Control is something many of us have already LOST, LONG ago. The only time I feel like I'm really in control is when I am wearing that nice jacket that has the buckles in the back.

Welcome to the forum. I'm looking forward to seeing your 2016 display.

Cheers,
                            Terry

Comment

Welcome...Im not advanced enough to build villages....yet, Im still trying to figure out music to lights....you should see some of the villages at The Incredible Christmas Place in Tennessee.....awesome isnt the word

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 851 users online. 3 members and 848 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X