New here from Phoenix East Valley, AZ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here from Phoenix East Valley, AZ

Hello, my name is Ryan. My little family of 3 just relocated from the South Chicago Illinois suburbs to the Phoenix East Valley Arizona suburbs last December. Sadly our relocation last year was so close to Christmas, we weren't able to decorate in the old house or the new. We hope to make up for it this year.

I have been a Halloween fanatic for several years and each year I build new props to add to my yard haunt. Some props are static and some I animate. For a couple of years I've been thinking about doing the same for Christmas, minus the haunt of course. Although, my neighbors would certainly understand if I had a creeped-out Christmas display in my yard. They'd just say, well that figures.

Anyway, I assume given the number of us Halloween prop building fanatics there out there, there must be ten times as many Christmas prop builders that love passing on their ideas and knowledge. I can easily imagine a lot of what I've done in building Halloween props should easily translate to building Christmas props.

Hi Ryan, and Welcome to CFC! Your right about in saying that prop building for Halloween can easily be adjusted for Christmas, just have to change the way of thinking. Instead of spooky and dark, we now go into the light! Color is the heart of Christmas! The more color and sparkle then the better it is! It's just a matter of how one thinks, and its not that hard to do. There are lots of great people here that are willing and able to help you with any questions about building and setting up for your holiday display.

We all hope to be able to see pictures of what your display will look like as your setting it up.
    So welcome again, and thanks for finding us and coming along for the ride.
    "Remember, if Christmas isnít found in your heart, you wonít find it under a tree.Ē ~ Charlotte Carpenter.

Comment

Welcome to Christmas fan club great to have you aboard!
      Now if I could just get one more... right there... what the...

Comment

Well Howdy Personalstones! Welcome to the forum! You'll fit right in. There is a lot of people here who build for both Christmas and Halloween. Be great to toss ideas around with you!
        There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

Welcome to the neighborhood. Live in Gilbert. Glad to have someone in the area who also likes to decorate for the holidays. Was pretty lean in my area last year, but it was a new subdivision. Hopefully it will have a lot more sparkle this year. Once again Welcome to the land of the Sun.

Comment

i'm in north phx!!!! we just put up lights rest of deco is inside mixed with halloween!!!!!
            the magic of xmas surrounds us

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Nice to have another member. The more the merrier!
                Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

It is nice to have you join us. As Falasben said there are many of us who are members of the Halloween forum and do a lot of Christmas and Halloween prop building. I hope you will be able to deck your home out this year. And do post pics. We would love to see it.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1407 users online. 8 members and 1399 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                  X