Hi from Alabama

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Alabama

Hi everyone! Found this forum after joining one for that "other" holiday. I've always secretly wanted to go all out for Halloween and Christmas but have never been able to justify the time and expense. Fast forward and I now have two young boys who are obsessed with pirates so the wheels started spinning and I justified it to the wife as "it's for the kids!" (yeah, sure, the kids lol). Anyway, the Halloween display turned out way better than I expected and everyone had so much fun I decided to do Christmas too. I guess we're going to be "that house" in the neighborhood. I do have a few questions: First: I bought a Disney magic holiday light controller last year and have seen hacks for turning the Mr. Christmas rigs into FM transmitter setups. Has anyone done this with the Disney version? Any tips are greatly appreciated! Secondly: the theme we have settled on is Pirate Penguins vs Ninjabread Men. The idea is there but I'm coming up short with ideas of how to execute it. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!

About my display: Phillips LED's on roof (I've got one strand I've got to fix on the front eave), a ton of the cheap dome multi-color LED's in the bushes, and around doors in garland, two kaleidoscope lights on front door and garage, RGB moving laser lights shining in big oak trees in the front yard, a custom built abominable snowman from the Rudolph movie hanging a star on a tree I made from a tomato cage, Applight spotlights, and the Shivering Timbers pirate santa inflatable. The lights in the big bushes flash independently to Merry Pirate Christmas by Phredd, A Pirate Christmas by Captain Dan and the Scurvy Crew, and Yo Ho Ho (Pirate's Christmas) by Tom Mason and the Blue Buccaneers.

Illustration of Happy Birthday text cursive script isolated on white background. Greeting card vector format image. vector art, clipart and stock vectors..
    Happy Birthday in Hebrew
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY- Happy Birthday Spanish, Happy Birthday in French, Happy Birthday in Heaven, Happy Birthday in German, Happy Birthday in Italian

Comment

Welcome to the forum. It looks like you did an excellent job your first year decorating. Good excuse to blame it on the children. I have done that way too many times. Then I started using the grandsons as an excuse and that usually was an easier sell. Sorry but I have not used either the Disney controllers or the Mr. Christmas. My experience is with Light O Rama. Enjoyed seeing your pictures.

Comment

Happy Birthday Wishes For Best Friend: A friend is the one, who is always there for you every time you need him. A friend who is always with you whenever you need his attention. Lets us celebrate his or her Happy birthday with more joy and happiness this year. Happy Birthday Quotes
        Happy Birthday Wishes Quotes For Sisters: It is important to appreciate the fruits of life i.e. the birth itself. Birth is the beginning of life and chance to

Comment

Get the CCS University Result 2018 at an official website. Chaudhary Charan Singh University is Located in the Meerut, Uttar Pradesh.
          Hello, aspirants check the CCS University Meerut Result 2018 For BA, Bcom, Bsc MA, M.Sc M.com. Download CCSU Result 2018 UG PG Exam Results 2018 For Semester wise & Annual Exam

Comment

Devoted to Sri Venkateswara, Tirumala Tirupati Temple is recognized as the second most visited shrine in the world and one of the top temple ...

Comment

For most of us, the desire to have your own inflatable hot tub comes when the temperature begins to drop and the weather becomes colder.

Comment

RRB Group D ResultRRB Group D Admit Card

RRB ALP ResultRRB ALP Result

Comment

When California-based internet based life organization Quora was propelled in 2009 the thought was to make a stage to 'share and develop the world's information'. After some time this exceptional inquiry answer stage has developed to serve in excess of 200 million one of a kind guests, a noteworthy level of which is from India. On Thursday, the stage propelled its Hindi dialect form, making it a noteworthy minute
                  Nokia 3.1, 5.2-इंच HD + डिस्प्ले और 13 MP कैमरा के साथ भारत में हुआ लॉन्च features, specification price, price in india

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2032 users online. 6 members and 2026 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                  X