Hi from Alabama

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Alabama

Hi everyone! Found this forum after joining one for that "other" holiday. I've always secretly wanted to go all out for Halloween and Christmas but have never been able to justify the time and expense. Fast forward and I now have two young boys who are obsessed with pirates so the wheels started spinning and I justified it to the wife as "it's for the kids!" (yeah, sure, the kids lol). Anyway, the Halloween display turned out way better than I expected and everyone had so much fun I decided to do Christmas too. I guess we're going to be "that house" in the neighborhood. I do have a few questions: First: I bought a Disney magic holiday light controller last year and have seen hacks for turning the Mr. Christmas rigs into FM transmitter setups. Has anyone done this with the Disney version? Any tips are greatly appreciated! Secondly: the theme we have settled on is Pirate Penguins vs Ninjabread Men. The idea is there but I'm coming up short with ideas of how to execute it. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!

About my display: Phillips LED's on roof (I've got one strand I've got to fix on the front eave), a ton of the cheap dome multi-color LED's in the bushes, and around doors in garland, two kaleidoscope lights on front door and garage, RGB moving laser lights shining in big oak trees in the front yard, a custom built abominable snowman from the Rudolph movie hanging a star on a tree I made from a tomato cage, Applight spotlights, and the Shivering Timbers pirate santa inflatable. The lights in the big bushes flash independently to Merry Pirate Christmas by Phredd, A Pirate Christmas by Captain Dan and the Scurvy Crew, and Yo Ho Ho (Pirate's Christmas) by Tom Mason and the Blue Buccaneers.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1267 users online. 4 members and 1263 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
X