Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Animated deer motor

Default Animated deer motor

I just bought Walgreen's $20 animated deer and removed the motor.

Guys, that thing has the most torque out of any deer motor I have seen!!!

I'm actually thinking about going back and buying some more. It'll be cheaper than a wiper motor, and comes set up already so no rigging or adapters are needed for the power!
    People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Is it the same motor as the replacement deer motors you can buy online for $8.99? http://www.britestar.com/products.AS...67&SID=3600005

Nope. This one is a circle with the metel arm coming out of the middle of it.

Not familier with the torque on teh one you posted.
    People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Hey Loving -
    Have you purchased the motor you linked to? Any idea how well it works?

I'm interested in knowing, too.

I bought one to replace the motor on one of my deer, I haven't received it yet, just ordered it earlier this week. Will let you know how well it works when I get it and hook it up.

I may have to look into one or two of those deer. Maybe after Christmas clearance.
    There's always tomorrow... to plan for Halloween

I've been using the circular motors for Halloween/Christmas props for over 2 years now - wish I could find the motor by itself as my sister-in-law may soon be tired of me giving her new deer every year (without the motors, of course).

Just created a skating penguin ice pond for the wife with one of the circular motors. The replacement motor Loving linked to looks to be the same as one I have and is difficult to change due to the linkage/crank being held on with a small screw into the top of the shaft coming out of the motor (actually, the motor Loving linked to may be different - hard to tell even after blowing the picture up larger).

The circular motor has a shaft with a hole through it (which allows different ways of connecting cranks)

You can look at pictures of the circular motor at penguin-motor-set-up (which has the original set up straight off the deer) and the penguins on ice at
    penguins-on-ice (which is modified).
    Last edited by thehoghunter; 11-26-2007 at 07:48 AM.

Write up a how-to, and I'll put it right through on the http://www.santasprojects.com site! Excellant job!

Is the ice plexy?

Hog Hunter...that is just so cute!

Muf

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast