PDA

View Full Version : NEW 2012 Lemax Christmas Village Catalog Photos

prestonjjrtr
01-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Hi everyone,

Here are photos of the new 2012 Lemax Christmas villages houses, accessories and figurines. Lemax has brought back the Jukebox Junction collection which is a village during the 50s and they have a lot of really cool pieces. Lemax has come out with a great addition to the Carnival line this year with the ride, Round Up. Check out the photos. Which ones are your favorites ? Hope you enjoy them !

Just click on one of the small pictures and it will bring up a larger picture, then you can just click on next to see all of the photos in the album.

2012 Vail Village http://family.webshots.com/album/582161454DUGmIX

2012 Plymouth Corners http://family.webshots.com/album/582162349KBiGKq

2012 Jukebox Junction http://family.webshots.com/album/582162348uFSdib

2012 Harvest Crossing http://family.webshots.com/album/582161051UBHCoI

2012 Caddington Village http://family.webshots.com/album/582158956mkFUOc

2012 Lemax Other Including Carnival http://family.webshots.com/album/582162350lDqJXk

There are also links to the new 2012 Lemax Spookytown Halloween village items in my album too, for anyone interested in Halloween.

2012 Spooky Town Accessories http://good-times.webshots.com/album/582159061zoXNXk

2012 Spooky Town Figurines http://good-times.webshots.com/album/582151242LzqyIj

2012 Spooky Town Houses http://good-times.webshots.com/album/582151445GcttcL

Have fun !!

Just Whisper
01-22-2012, 07:12 PM
Lots of items I can't wait to own, when I have enough room to display them. Love the Teddy Bear shop, and most of the Plymouth Harbor stuff. And the decorated homes.

prestonjjrtr
01-22-2012, 07:16 PM
Just Whisper, I love the Teddy Bear shop it is sooooooooooooooo cute !! I was hoping that Lemax would have had more additions to Santa's Wonderland, but there isn't much at all. I had heard some rumors that they might discontinue that line, but I'm not sure.

I love all of the Vail Village items too and can't wait to add them to my collection.

Billybones
01-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Oh no, new items, I haven't anymore space. What is a boy to do;)

Just Whisper
01-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Billy, I guess we will have to build bigger houses.

prestonjjrtr
01-23-2012, 05:23 PM
Or build a new addition ! LOL

Billybones
01-23-2012, 05:37 PM
We're in a one bed Apt. if I make the village any bigger we wont be able to get to the computer, and where does the tree go. Having said that I am plotting out how to make the best use of the space I have. I just have to stay away from Lemax & Dept.56;)
Billy, I guess we will have to build bigger houses.

Just Whisper
01-26-2012, 07:53 AM
Wow Billy, knowing that makes your display seem even more impressive. I can't believe you found space for it.

Billybones
01-26-2012, 06:24 PM
We have a small sunroom 4 months of the year the seating area is Village (Halloween/Christmas), if you'de like to see more I'm on You Tube, my channel is smoultonrvs - enjoy:)

Just Whisper
01-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Thanks. I will check it out when I am not falling asleep. I want to savor it. :)

Wonderland
02-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Hi everyone!

Thanks for the photos, I'm so excited to see them. I'm a newbie at Christmas Village collecting! I just started this past Christmas. I love Lemax buildings!

I'd like to understand how Lemax produces things, because I already saw some of the 2012 buildings (from your photos) at the store shelves last Christmas, and I even bought one of them already.

So does Lemax re-produce popular buildings? And if so, do they do it only when a previously made building is not yet retired? How do the other lines, Carole Towne and Coventry Cove play into the production? If something made by Lemax was popular, could they potentially release it in later years under the Carole Towne or Cove village lines? I ask because I have been looking for "Grahams Grocery" and can't find it. I'm waiting to see if it might be re-released?

How about figurines? I think I saw past Lemax figurines in stores last year at KMart and Lowe's. Also, when will we see the catalog for Lemax items sold at Sears, Kmart, Lowe's and Michael's?

I'd appreciate your expertise in this!

Again, thanks for the photos. I'm already planning to keep an eye out for some items. :-)

prestonjjrtr
02-09-2012, 05:50 PM
You are so welcome Wonderland !! I'm so glad that you liked the Christmas village photos. Love your screen name !

Each year Michaels will have some Lemax buildings that are exclusive only to Michaels during the first year of production, but the next year any seller will be able to sell the same buildings. So the next year the old Michaels exclusives become part of the regular Lemax line. Michaels keeps their exclusives a big secret so we really never find out what they are each year until we see them show up in the stores.

In regards to Kmart and Sears, they will usually have the new Lemax items on their website a few months before they hit the stores and sometimes listed as early as late Summer.

In regards to Lowes, the items are usually made by Lemax but we don't know what they will carry until it shows up in the stores.

Once Lemax retires an item, it doesn't go back into production. However, sometimes they will try to produce something similar.

Your best bet on finding Graham's Grocery would be to watch eBay. It really is a super nice building !! Good luck with your search !

Hope this helps !

Wonderland
02-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Hi,

Thanks! I appreciate all the info. Wow, that explains the Michael's buildings -- although I don't see the point of the "Exclusive" bit if it comes into general circulation the next year. By the way, how can I tell which were the Michael's exclusives from last year, 2011? Maybe they'll make them for Lowe's this year!

By the way, is this the same concept for people figurines? I think I see a lot of the people figures end up at Kmart under the Coventry Cove line. Are people figurines all released at the same time under different lines? Do they reproduce figurines? Does a Lemax figurine get made again the next year under the Coventry Cove line?

I've been watching ebay, haha. And as a newbie, I guess I'm just impatient, even though it's only been a few months. Graham's Grocery, Pete's Pool Hall , Gunsmith Tanner, Stage coach and Dr. Baxter/Apothecary are ones I am trying to find. I guess if I wait long enough, one of them might show up on ebay!

Anyway, I had promised myself to only buy a couple of starter buildings and people, and then to add a building or 2 every year, so that I can start a tradition. But I ended up buying 9 during after-Chrstmas clearance, haha! I'm trying to be more selective on *which* grocery I get, etc.

Your pics are great. I definitely will get Saloon!!! Maybe the market...dunno if I should get this, even though my dream grocery is the Graham's Grocery. But I think my townspeople figures needs a grocery in town! They may starve. Hahaha!

You are so welcome Wonderland !! I'm so glad that you liked the Christmas village photos. Love your screen name !

Each year Michaels will have some Lemax buildings that are exclusive only to Michaels during the first year of production, but the next year any seller will be able to sell the same buildings. So the next year the old Michaels exclusives become part of the regular Lemax line. Michaels keeps their exclusives a big secret so we really never find out what they are each year until we see them show up in the stores.

In regards to Kmart and Sears, they will usually have the new Lemax items on their website a few months before they hit the stores and sometimes listed as early as late Summer.

In regards to Lowes, the items are usually made by Lemax but we don't know what they will carry until it shows up in the stores.

Once Lemax retires an item, it doesn't go back into production. However, sometimes they will try to produce something similar.

Your best bet on finding Graham's Grocery would be to watch eBay. It really is a super nice building !! Good luck with your search !

Hope this helps !

prestonjjrtr
02-09-2012, 08:17 PM
The Michaels exclusives have a special box and will usually have a silver stripe area on the box and it will say Signature Collection. Bernie's Teddy Bears was one of the exclusive buildings, but there were quite a few more.

There are always some different Coventry Cove figures that are different than any of the other Lemax figures, so I always try to see what they will have each year.

Congrats on your after Christmas additions !!! Way to go !!! That is the best time to buy them !! During the off season you won't find as many items on eBay, but usually you will get them at a good price. I have the Gunsmith Tanner and just love it !! You have some great items that you are looking for. Just be patient, they will eventually turn up on eBay at a good price.

I love the Saloon !! It is soooooooooooo cool !!

I also like some of the Halloween buildings like the new Ice Scream building and truck. LOL

We wouldn't want your townspeople to starve !! I like Graham's Grocery, so I have my fingers crossed that you will be able to find it.

Wonderland
04-17-2012, 08:38 PM
Hello,

I am wondering if I can get your opinion.

Some places like eHobby has a pre-order for the 2012 Lemax collection. I really want to buy the upcoming Caribou Saloon & Hotel. I think I can find the best deal if I were to buy it at a store like Sears or Michael's - not to mention the possible chance of getting it on discount, or, getting a price adjustment as the season gets closer to Christmas.

But I don't want for that item to get sold out. Do you think it is wise to pre-order? Would a building like this run out of stock from all online stores (like ehobby) by Christmas?

Also, if you have had experience with the Thomas Kinkade (Hawthorne Village) buildings, do you know if it's close to the scale used by Lemax?
Could I mix them together?

Thanks!

The Michaels exclusives have a special box and will usually have a silver stripe area on the box and it will say Signature Collection. Bernie's Teddy Bears was one of the exclusive buildings, but there were quite a few more.

There are always some different Coventry Cove figures that are different than any of the other Lemax figures, so I always try to see what they will have each year.

Congrats on your after Christmas additions !!! Way to go !!! That is the best time to buy them !! During the off season you won't find as many items on eBay, but usually you will get them at a good price. I have the Gunsmith Tanner and just love it !! You have some great items that you are looking for. Just be patient, they will eventually turn up on eBay at a good price.

I love the Saloon !! It is soooooooooooo cool !!

I also like some of the Halloween buildings like the new Ice Scream building and truck. LOL

We wouldn't want your townspeople to starve !! I like Graham's Grocery, so I have my fingers crossed that you will be able to find it.

prestonjjrtr
04-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Hi Wonderland,

I also love the Caribou Saloon and Hotel and I'm planning to add it to my collection too. Great minds think alike !!

I don't think it will sell out from the online Lemax Retailers. There are several that carry the Lemax line like ehobbytools, Ace Duchini Hardware, lemaxvillages.com and Dollhouses, Trains and More. I like to wait to see what my local stores carry like Michaels, Menards, and Fleet Farm and then pick up the items that they don't carry from the online retailers.

In regards to the Hawthorne villages, most of them are way to small to be used with Lemax or Dept 56. The Thomas Kinkade collections are more like a HO scale whereas the Lemax villages are more like ON30 or G scale. So in other words the figures on the Thomas Kinkade are usually less than an inch tall whereas the Lemax figures are usually about 2 inches tall. There are some Hawthorne villages that will work just fine with Lemax and Dept 56 but you have to be careful.

For example the Halloween Hawthorne Villages of the Munsters is way too small to combine with Lemax, however the Universal Monsters, Nightmare Before Christmas and Horror Movie collection with Freddy, etc are just fine.

Hope this helps !!

Ivan
04-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Hello,

I am wondering if I can get your opinion.

Some places like eHobby has a pre-order for the 2012 Lemax collection. I really want to buy the upcoming Caribou Saloon & Hotel. I think I can find the best deal if I were to buy it at a store like Sears or Michael's - not to mention the possible chance of getting it on discount, or, getting a price adjustment as the season gets closer to Christmas.

But I don't want for that item to get sold out. Do you think it is wise to pre-order? Would a building like this run out of stock from all online stores (like ehobby) by Christmas?

Also, if you have had experience with the Thomas Kinkade (Hawthorne Village) buildings, do you know if it's close to the scale used by Lemax?
Could I mix them together?

Thanks!

I know there are some really nice trade shows out there all through Spring and early Summer (mostly Spring) you could attend. I bet you they carry that in a ton of variety at great prices depending on what your location is.

Wonderland
05-22-2012, 06:45 PM
I realized I didn't get to answer you, I got so busy. I appreciate your insight into the sizes. So I avoided those Kinkade buildings, you were correct. Appreciate your help!

Hi Wonderland,

I also love the Caribou Saloon and Hotel and I'm planning to add it to my collection too. Great minds think alike !!

I don't think it will sell out from the online Lemax Retailers. There are several that carry the Lemax line like ehobbytools, Ace Duchini Hardware, lemaxvillages.com and Dollhouses, Trains and More. I like to wait to see what my local stores carry like Michaels, Menards, and Fleet Farm and then pick up the items that they don't carry from the online retailers.

In regards to the Hawthorne villages, most of them are way to small to be used with Lemax or Dept 56. The Thomas Kinkade collections are more like a HO scale whereas the Lemax villages are more like ON30 or G scale. So in other words the figures on the Thomas Kinkade are usually less than an inch tall whereas the Lemax figures are usually about 2 inches tall. There are some Hawthorne villages that will work just fine with Lemax and Dept 56 but you have to be careful.

For example the Halloween Hawthorne Villages of the Munsters is way too small to combine with Lemax, however the Universal Monsters, Nightmare Before Christmas and Horror Movie collection with Freddy, etc are just fine.

Hope this helps !!

Wonderland
05-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Hello,

That's a great suggestion. I hope that they do offer them cheaper before I try to order from online!

I know there are some really nice trade shows out there all through Spring and early Summer (mostly Spring) you could attend. I bet you they carry that in a ton of variety at great prices depending on what your location is.

Billybones
07-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Hi Wonderland, if you're looking for older items you might try House Of Tam they have old stock they put on sale.
Hello,

That's a great suggestion. I hope that they do offer them cheaper before I try to order from online!

Viktorija
09-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Wow ... lots of great information here. Thanks so much for sharing! :)

I too have started a village collection. It was not my original intent but somehow it morphed into that. (imagine that! ha ha :p ) I do not limit myself to one particular brand or type of thing. I just get what tickles my fancy. I have items from Dept 56, Ace Hardware (Heartland Valley), St Nicholas Square and Lemax. (among other miscellaneous things) Right now we are renovating so I have no room to put up my village. :sad: So all the boxes are in a corner. Someday when I finally get some room back I will be able to set it all up. I CAN'T WAIT. I know people with extensive collections. Amazing.

I used to be able to pick up some Ace porcelain pieces at certain Ace hardware stores. But now they are no longer carrying them. (boo hoo) I always liked their windmill and was finally able to score that on-line this year, which I am very happy about.

I agree that I like to get things at the local stores and hopefully on sale. Anything I can not find in a store I will then look on-line. But we all know you have to do your research to get the best price. I have some Dept 56 pieces that I got after Christmas for 50% off. This year I found some items on sale on-line and got some sweet deals on d56 stuff. (anywhere from 20-60% off) I lucked out and found a d56 building (that came out this year) on sale. :D

I did notice those slight changes between Lemax, Coventry Cove and Carol Towne. You really have to keep your eyes open to find the items that are unique to that particular line. It is very helpful when they have those booklets listing what they carry in their stores.

The one tip about ordering on-line. Some places are better than others about how they package up the goodies. I feel that e-hobby packages up the goods very well. Kmart/Sears .. not so good.

For D56 I am partial to the Alpine Village and Winters Frost. But I have plenty of items from their other lines as well.

Viktorija
09-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Oops! Guess I got too wordy. It submitted my post but I was not done. Oops.

I was going to say that I have seen Lemax items from the past reappear again. For example, at Michaels they have the Tannenbaum Christmas Shoppe. This came out before .. I believe maybe in 2003. So some of those old items may appear again. (no guarantee though)

Is it Christmas yet?
10-01-2012, 06:29 AM
Oops! Guess I got too wordy. It submitted my post but I was not done. Oops.

I was going to say that I have seen Lemax items from the past reappear again. For example, at Michaels they have the Tannenbaum Christmas Shoppe. This came out before .. I believe maybe in 2003. So some of those old items may appear again. (no guarantee though)

The Tannenbaum Christmas Shoppe is one of the new(as in one I didn't have before) buildings I got for my village. I knew it wasn't a new item because it didn't say so on the package and was cheaper than the new ones I got. So you may be right on the re selling of older SKUs. Do you have a village Viktorija?

A question to those with Department 56 pieces. I know they are more expensive, but when doing a side by side comparison with an identical or similar Lemax piece, is the quality all that much different? I'm just curious. Unless I can find Dept. 56 being sold where I am in Canada, I'm going to stick with Lemax.

Viktorija
10-01-2012, 02:17 PM
The Tannenbaum Christmas Shoppe is one of the new(as in one I didn't have before) buildings I got for my village. I knew it wasn't a new item because it didn't say so on the package and was cheaper than the new ones I got. So you may be right on the re selling of older SKUs. Do you have a village Viktorija?

A question to those with Department 56 pieces. I know they are more expensive, but when doing a side by side comparison with an identical or similar Lemax piece, is the quality all that much different? I'm just curious. Unless I can find Dept. 56 being sold where I am in Canada, I'm going to stick with Lemax.

Yes I do have a village. But unfortunately due to renovations it is not set up. Until we finish with the house I will not have any room to put the village out. :( I am waiting for that day!
I don't blame you for sticking with Lemax as the price differences are significant. I actually do think the quality of Dept 56 is better. The detail in the pieces is better. But on the flip side of the coin .. how close do people really get to the villages. Close enough to notice the extensive detailing? If not then in that case save yourself some money and go with Lemax. Personally I do not have a strong preference for any particular brand. I just get the pieces that I like. :D