PDA

View Full Version : Light ideas

RedGreen
09-27-2010, 10:06 AM
I love to add Christmas lights to the inside of wine bottles and use for decoration. I have also seen this done with clear plastic storage containers and thick ribbon wrapped around them. Place them out in the yard, turn the lights on at dusk and they look like glowing gifts!

EnlightenedGrinch
09-27-2010, 04:11 PM
I like those too, but I have never made one.
Some people put the clear marbles in the bottle with the lights, don't they? Those look really cool!

UltimateChristmas.com
09-28-2010, 03:58 PM
If you get the new-ish, cool-to-the-touch outdoor lights, it's very cool to use spray snow on them. It looks like a fresh layer of snow has just fallen on the lights, which casts a great glow. (Wonderful for folks like me in Los Angeles who never have a white Christmas!) Just be sure not to use the "old" lights that get really hot.

EnlightenedGrinch
09-29-2010, 03:15 PM
I'm guessing you mean the new LED-type lights that don't get hot.
Sounds neat with the fake snow, but what happens to that stuff when you store the lights in an attic that gets up to 120 degrees in the summer?

CB_Christmas
09-30-2010, 07:15 PM
A lot of people where I live have made stars from heavy cardboard and a big set of twinkling lights. They look really cool in windows, Its almost like the lights in Vegas ;)
Also, what about the dig balls of lights and plastic cups.
http://www.sparkleball.com/

DanoNJ
10-01-2010, 07:52 PM
I made 5 of those spakleballs last year. Big hit!!